This is one of the recipes that Elka from Lala Kitchen designed for us. We didn’t know much about chia seeds, as they’re not so common here. Providing many health benefits, it’s an easy element to incorporate in our diet and it’s delicious!
tsp: teaspoon / tbsp: tablespoon
- Make the meringue by beating all the ingredients together except the chia seeds
- Pour the almond milk in a bowl and add the chia seeds. Let it rest all night so the seeds become soft. When chia is placed in a liquid, it becomes a gel that transforms any drink or juice into a light porridge. This gel contains mucilage, which is a great remedy for constipation, calming inflammation in the digestive system.
- Mash the mango to obtain a jam.
- Slice an extra piece of fruit to combine in layers between the chia seeds.
Benefits of chia:
Chia seeds (Salvia hispanica) are considered a superfood. Chia seeds, as well as flax seeds, are vegetable sources that present a higher concentration of omega-3 (66%). Comprised of 33% oil, in which omega-3 represents 62% and omega-6 is 20%. They are also rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fibre and all amino acids. Well known by the Aztec culture, they are ideal to prevent excess cholesterol and cardiovascular disorders. They also provide calcium and manganese.
[Transcripción al castellano]
CHIA MERENGADA CON MANGO
- Haz la leche merengada poniendo todos los ingredientes en la batidora excepto las semillas de chía.
- Retira de la batidora, pon en un bol y añade las semillas de chía. Deja que repose para que se forme el gel (mejor toda la noche)
- Tritura el mango para obtener una mermelada
- Trocea alguna fruta extra a tu gusto y monta un vasito intercalando capas.